12/19/08

Decorating the House:-)

Every year I make gingerbread houses ( gram cracker) with the kids. I had 12 kids this year and I would have a lot more if I had the room. The one year when I made them they were all finished and ready to take home and they collapsed, there were a lot of tears. My neighbor told me her sister would hot glue them, yes I also thought it was kind of weird, until I tried it. We could have an earthquake and the houses would make it through. Sasha had a lot of fun:-)
We also made chocolate suckers in molds, the kids thought it was really fun. This is Kaili dipping her sucker in the chocolate.
This is Alise, my friend Dorthy's daughter. She is the same age as Kaili & Ku'uipo, it was a lot of fun having her.
Ku'uipo showing the finished product.
This picture shows some of the group. The kids that came were Noelle (my niece), Lexy (Ku'uipo's friend), Brock, Megan, Abbie ( my friend Stacie's kids), Alise, and all my grand kids. I look forward to this all year, in a few years I will have them build their own and they will win prizes in different categories. I have been so blessed to have all the wonderful opportunities to be with my grand kids and friends kids.

3 comments:

Brittnie or "Bert" said...

Kaili says, " thank you for letting us choose and make our own suckers. I love to do this with you every year!"
Sasha says, "I like to do this every Christmas time and I love you!"

Shauna said...

You are such a wonderful grandma! They will always remember those fun memories with you.

Joe and Marlene said...

Great memories - for EVERY holiday! You are simply amazing. (I never even put up a tree this year -my bad!!) I feel the spirit of Christmas but heck no one has even come to our house so I got away with it. We have packed and unpacked enough I talked myself out of climbing in the attic and pulling decorations down for the first time in my life! You are my inspiration.