1/15/12

Skating & Cotton Candy

Don and I took all the kids to Classic Skating. Word to parents, please don't just drop your kids off there. I have always hated this place because young boys and girls are pairing off and you get the picture. I decided I will give it another try after about 20 years. They have cleaned the place up a lot but the unsupervised young kids with the opposite sex is still the same. But now instead of going behind a building they are right in the front making out. Come on parents, quite being lazy parents, and go with them!!!
We all had a great time, except when I had to tell them Frank & Sally (fake names) 12 year olds were being really stupid by making out. We couldn't miss them, they were all over each other in the doorway. I know I sound old but I think we need to speak up. I was 17 when I had a baby and that was hard let alone a 12 year old. OK I'm done you get the picture...lol
Kaili decided to make a cotton candy maker for her science fair project. Don had so much fun doing it with her. Science is his thing, so Kaili asked him if he would help her. I love this part of being grand parents because I know how much stress it can take away from the parents if we just help with things like this. I remember my grandma helping me with my history. She had so much knowledge and her eyes would light up when she would tell me about all the different things. I wish I could say it made me love history but no such luck...haha
Cotton candy from her machine. Good job Kaili:-)

No comments: